DESTINATIONS DETAILS

Dewan C.G. Herbert laid the foundation stone for the new municipal building near the Vadakkunnathan Temple in 1932 and was opened by Dewan of Kochi, J.W.U. Bor. The building was designed in the British architecture style and the main attraction of the building was Westminster Quarters chiming clock. This was installed by P.OOR Sons in Madras and has a mechanical key system which has to be keyed every day. The clock was made from copper. 

Location:                                                     

  • Located in Thrissur city, 1 km from Thrissur Railway Station